The mission of the Becky Gates Children’s Center is to provide an exemplary, affordable, accessible early childhood education program for the children of students, staff, and faculty affiliated with Texas A&M University. We support and contribute to the Division of Student Affairs and Texas A&M University’s mission, goals and values.
- Provide children a developmentally appropriate, nurturing, stimulating, and safe early childhood environment.
- Encourage parent/teacher partnerships and involvement through two-way communication and mutual support.
- Welcome diversity in backgrounds, lifestyle, individual differences, and needs.
- Provide meaningful employment and training opportunities for students who support themselves while achieving their education.
- Serve as a model program for the early childhood community locally and nationally.
- Serve as a training, research, instructional and educational site for various university academic disciplines that incorporate child development, care, education, health and safety.