There is a waitlist for care at the Center and the average wait is 18 months. Our waitlist is online at Becky Gates Online Store
There is a non-refundable waitlist fee of $50. Once your child is on the waitlist, you will be contacted by email and telephone when there is space for your child to enroll. The bulk of our openings are in the fall semester, and we begin to contact families in May of each year to start the enrollment process. There are occasionally a few openings at the end of each semester and we fill those openings from the waitlist as soon as we are aware of them.
Enrollment is based on classroom availability, and is dependent on the payment of a non-refundable registration fee for each child. The Center is open to children age 12 months through 5 years.
Children who turn five years old before September 1st must withdraw by mid-August. The Center does not offer a kindergarten program and with our limited space we cannot allow children who are eligible for kindergarten to remain enrolled.
The center provides care for children of affiliated students, faculty, and staff of Texas A&M University, with Main Campus having priority. All children on the wait list who parents or guardians are paid from o2 funds will be offered a space according to the date of the receipt of the wait list application. Children of other TAMU System members will be placed if spaces remain. The parent must provide a Texas A&M student, staff or faculty UIN for registration as well as the College/Division and Department of affiliation. If a parent has an offer of employment but does not have a UIN yet, please contact the Center at 979-458-5437. The parent is also responsible for completing all of the enrollment forms and needed documentation prior to the child’s attendance at the Center.
- Children are placed in classes according to their age and development and are generally expected to remain with their class until the late August classroom change following the departure of the kindergarten bound children.
- Children may be moved to a different classroom to start the spring or summer semester based on their development, teacher recommendation or center need. Parents are given ample notice and children are given transition time before they are moved to a different classroom.
- During the summer semester, classroom placement decisions for the fall are made primarily by the classroom teachers.
Once a child is enrolled in the Center, he/she is guaranteed a space the following semester, provided the following procedures are followed:
- Parent/guardian must still be affiliated with TAMU as a student, staff or faculty member.
- Parent/guardian completes a new semester parent agreement by the posted deadline (verbal communication with a teacher or other staff is not sufficient.)
- If a parent fails to follow the above procedures, it will be understood that the child is not continuing enrollment and their space will be filled for the next semester.
Enrollment After Termination of TAMU Affiliation
Parents need to let the front desk personnel know if their status changes from that of a student or faculty/staff at TAMU. If affiliation is terminated mid semester, the child can remain enrolled until the end of the semester. Once an individual is no longer a student or is no longer employed as faculty or staff at TAMU, we will not be able to provide childcare services for the following semester. We have limited space available and therefore can only provide childcare for persons affiliated with TAMU.
At the beginning of each semester, our office will verify each parent’s status. If we cannot document eligibility, we will not enroll the child at the BGCC. TAMU students with children currently enrolled must be enrolled in classes during the summer or following fall semester to continue Center enrollment during the summer semester.